- Apprentice Trails Guides need to accumulate and log 50 hours and 20 encounters as 2nd rifle, and 50 hours and 20 encounters with an approved FGASA Professional Trails Guide Mentor as 1st rifle.
- They then must log another 50 hours and 10 encounters as 1st rifle with a FGASA Trails Guide as 1st rifle.
- Once these mentored hours have been accumulated, they are eligible to be assessed for VPDA (a FGASA Apprentice Trails Guide Practical Assessment).
- Walks are conducted from NJ MORE Field Guide College, located in the Big 5 wilderness of the Marataba Park (a privately managed section of the Marakele National Park).
- We are offering guides the opportunity to accumulate these mandatory hours with experienced and qualified guides.
Walks will be conducted with Gawie Grobler, an approved FGASA Professional Trails Guide Mentor, with 21 years’ worth of experience under his belt.
Cost: R 950 per person per day
Available dates 2021: 1-10 September or 18-29 October
Contact Francois (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to reserve your space