NJ MORE Field Guide College is a Field Guide Association of Southern Africa (FGASA)-endorsed training institute. Established by MORE Family Collection, we produce professional guides of an exceptional caliber and give students from around the world the life-enriching experience of living their African dream.
The founding of NJ MORE Field Guide College in 2014 was inspired by passionate conservationist, the late Nick John More (1967–2013). It fulfils his wish to continue the legacy of three generations of More nature ambassadors, dedicated to protecting our environment, and to share their love and knowledge of the world’s last wild places. Therefore, students are chosen for their genuine and palpable love of the bush, and are trained into guides with the ability to inspire this in others from around the world.
Why NJ MORE?
For a life experience and career development, guided by the safari industry’s best!
- We have six courses to choose from, providing upskilling, career training and adventures of a lifetime
- Our FGASA (Field Guide Association of Southern Africa) accredited courses are widely recognised across Africa, as well as the USA, UK and UAE
- Based at Marataba, a privately managed section of the Marakele National Park, we offer you in-the-field training and invaluable learning experiences
- Our trainers are highly-qualified, respected industry experts and the college has an excellent pass rate
- We arrange internships, with the chance to begin your career at one of MORE’s five-star safari lodges
Meet The Team
NJ MORE maintains an exceptional pass rate, with students under the tutelage and guidance of the industry’s finest:
- Gawie Grobler, Group Safari Manager & FGASA Trails Guide Mentor
- Mike Meidlinger, Head Trainer
- Barry Greenshields, Assistant Trainer
- Nikki Meiring, Camp Manager
- Francois Fourie, Sales and Marketing Manager and FGASA Professional Trails Guide and FGASA Trails Guide Mentor
Together, our team conveys a well-rounded understanding of and passion for the environment, wildlife, field guiding, and safari hospitality.
Our Guiding Culture
Our NJ MORE Field Guides are the new generation of nature ambassadors. They have a vast knowledge of the environment, a passion for guiding, a dedication to teaching people about our extraordinary natural heritage, and inspiring them to do their part to protect it. In conducting safaris, our guides never cause undue stress to the wildlife, and are careful to maintain a balance between human presence and ecosystem health. Students have a clear demonstration of these commitments being based at Marataba, a privately managed section within the ‘Marakele’ National Park – ‘place of sanctuary’ in the Tswana language.
Whether you are looking for a full-on African adventure or following a career path, we have a course for you. NJ MORE is a FGASA-endorsed training institute, renowned in the industry for its full-length and short-term courses, providing excellent grounding and upskilling in field guiding. FGASA is a registered provider with CATHSSETA (South Africa’s Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority). Our six on-site courses are designed to impart in-depth knowledge and practical learning experiences, and have great success in producing exceptional nature ambassadors and field guides committed to making a positive change. All courses are run from our NJ MORE Camp at Marataba South Africa – MORE’s section of the Marakele National Park.
Pack for a Purpose
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows visitors like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click on the button below to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.