6 Months’ Top Training*
You will learn everything you need to become one of the best! Gain in-depth knowledge of the bush, learn skills to host guests on their once-in-a-lifetime adventures, and achieve qualifications that will allow you to leap ahead of your peers. All of this, while upholding the ethics of a true conservationist.
- Applicants must be South African citizens who are 21 years old or older, or 20 turning 21 within the course year
This course includes:
- FGASA Apprentice Field Guide (previously FGASA Field Guide Level 1)
- FGASA Apprentice Trails Guide (previously FGASA Trails Guide Back-Up)
- FGASA Advanced Rifle Handling
- Tracks & Signs (by CyberTracker)
- Wilderness First Aid Level 2
- Advanced Birding
- Wildlife Photography
- Night Sky Safari Skills
- Navigation and Orientation
- 4 x 4 Driving
- Basic Mechanics
- Nature Conservation (principals and practical application)
- Hospitality Skills (hosting guests on a five-star safari)
- Emotional Intelligence
6-Month MORE Internship
Based at one of MORE’s exclusive safari lodges, you will gain valuable bridging experience and have work-place training under the direction of some of the industry’s finest field guides. Hone your guiding and hospitality skills, and gain the confidence to independently take guests out on safaris.
This internship forms part of the career course and is included in the fees
Permanent MORE Employment
Our top-performing students will have an opportunity many junior guides can only dream of – to become a permanent MORE Field Guide. Students who meet the criteria are added to MORE’s recruitment pool and if selected, will establish their career at one of our renowned safari lodges.
After three years of successful employment with MORE, NJ MORE graduate field guides receive a bonus of R30 000 as a THANK YOU for their exceptional work and dedication. We hope that they choose to continue their journey with us.